ZEMCOAT and ZEMCOAT Super Fine are a specially formulated skimcoat for thin plastering applications varying from 0-5 mm in thickness. It covers pinholes and other imperfections, corrects surface unevenness of raw concrete and plastered surfaces on walls, columns, beams and ceilings. ZEMCOAT has high bonding strength and is resistant to cracks and has a very good compatibility to masonry paints.
- Fast and easy application
- Will not crack and has good bonding strength
- High initial adhesiveness and non-sag properties make it ideal for overhead applications
- Long pot life and open time gives greater workability for a superior finish
- Applicable for interior and exterior areas
- Eliminates chipping and roughening of concrete surfaces
- Economical because of low material wastage and therefore reduces labor cost up to 50%
The concrete surface must be structurally sound, clean and free from loose concrete, dirt, form oils and other chemical contaminants. Wet surface well with clean water prior to application of ZEMCOAT especially on exposed areas.
- In a plastic pail with clean water, pour a sufficient amount of ZEMCOAT that can be used within the pot life of 3 – 4 hours. 25 kg of ZEMCOAT will require approx. 8 liters of clean water. 20 kg of ZEMCOAT Super Fine will require approx. 7 liters.
- Mix by hand or a mechanical mixing device. A slow speed, high torque hand drill with a mixing paddle is recommended. Mixing time is 2 – 3 minutes. Make sure that the mixture is lump-free.
- Let the mixture stand for 15 minutes. Mix again briefly and ZEMCOAT is ready to use.
CAUTION: Do not add more water after final mixing.
With the substrate still damp, apply ZEMCOAT using a steel trowel evenly to the desired thickness and let it set. If there is a need to increase the thickness of ZEMCOAT, apply a second coat of ZEMCOAT just before the first coat is about to set. Setting time may vary from 30 minutes to an hour depending on weather and substrate conditions. Smoothen using a steel trowel. If needed, sprinkle a small amount of water when the surface is about to set, smoothen the surface for the last time to the desired finish.
Use the 3-Step ZEMCOAT System for a perfect masonry wall finish:
Step 1: Apply scratch coat plaster on CHB wall at an average thickness of 12 mm.
Step 2: Finish masonry wall with ZEMCOAT approximately 3 mm in thickness. If required thickness is between 0 – 2 mm, use ZEMCOAT Super Fine.
Step 3: Apply paint finish.
Non-toxic. However, as with any cementitious material, avoid prolonged skin contact
When stored in a cool and dry place SKIM COAT will remain usable for a period of 6 – 12 months from date of manufacture.
1 – 1.2 kg of ZEMCOAT per m2 (sq. meter) area, per mm (millimeter) thickness