ABC TILE ADHESIVE HEAVY DUTY is a polymer modified adhesive, primarily designed for outdoor application and tile-over-tile installation. ABC TILE ADHESIVE HEAVY DUTY is a variation of ABC’s standard TILE ADHESIVE with the addition of advanced acrylic polymer modifiers to ensure a flexible adhesive bed and an even higher bonding strength.
- for installation on plywood, gypsum board and other non-concrete materials and substrates
- for vertical or overhead installations such as facades and other outdoor areas
- for dense tiles such as vitrified, homogenous and granite tiles
- for commercial tile installations and industrial sites pedestrian traffic is heavy such as warehouses, parking areas, garages or factory floors
The substrate must be fully cured, structurally stable and level, smooth, clean and free from dirt, dust, loose material, oils, chemicals and other contaminants. Acid, etch or abrade (roughen the bonding surfaces) to ensure proper bonding.
Into a plastic pail containing clean tap water, pour a sufficient quantity of ABC TILE ADHESIVE HEAVY-DUTY that may be used within the pot life of 3-4 hrs. 25 kg of ABC TILE ADHESIVE HEAVY-DUTY needs approx. 8 liters of water. Stir with a mixing device or by hand. Wait 15 min., then mix again briefly and ABC TILE ADHESIVE is now ready for use. POT LIFE: 3 – 4 hrs. OPEN TIME: 15 minutes.
CAUTION: Use only plastic pail or galvanized iron sheet as mixing base. Never use absorbent material such as plywood, wooden box, gypsum board, etc.
- Wet the substrate lightly before applying TILE ADHESIVE HEAVY-DUTY especially during hot and windy conditions.
- Spread the adhesive mortar over 1 m2 area at a time and comb with a special notched trowel (available at your ABC dealer or representative). Fix the tiles immediately within the adhesive’s open time of 15 min.
- Adjust and align accordingly. Carry out random checks every 5 m2 to determine whether the back of the tiles are fully covered with adhesive. Also check if the tile adhesive mortar still adheres to your fingers. If not, remove the adhesive layer and throw away.
CAUTION: Do not add newly prepared batch of TILE ADHESIVE HEAVY-DUTY with an old mix.
DO’S AND DON’TS:
Use only clean plastic pail or galvanized iron sheet and other non-absorptive material as mixing base. Use only clean tap water. Don’t use saline water. Do not mix newly prepared ABC TILE ADHESIVE HEAVY-DUTY with an old mix to extend pot life. Dampen substrates lightly before applying and spreading TILE ADHESIVE especially during hot or windy conditions. For best results, dip tiles lightly in water and stack vertically to remove excess water before installation. Observe the 15 min. open time of ABC TILE ADHESIVE HEAVY-DUTY to ensure that tiles are not laid on material that has lost its adhesive power. Spread ABC TILE ADHESIVE HEAVY-DUTY 1 – 2 m2 at a time and install tiles not to exceed the 15 minutes open time.
Non-toxic. However, as with any cementitious material, avoid prolonged skin contact.
When stored in a cool and dry place ABC TILE ADHESIVE HEAVY-DUTY will remain usable for a period of one year from date of manufacture..
Remove excess mortar on tile face and on tools using clean water.
25kg of Tile Adhesive Heavy Duty will cover approx. 5-7 m2.