ABC TILE GROUT is high quality ceramic tile joint filler. It is formulated to ensure a professional finish. Prior to grouting tiles should be installed using ABC TILE ADHESIVE. Recommended tile spacing for Standard and Premium Grout is 3-6mm and for Sanded Grout is 7-19mm.
- Uniform color
- Molds and mildew resistant
- Available in a range of 24 colors
- Easy to apply
Clean and remove excess tile adhesive, dirt, dust and other foreign matters on tile and grout lines before application of grout. Dark grout colors are recommended for floor tile applications for easy maintenance and nicer long term appearance. For wall tile grout applications, all grout colors can be used.
In a pail (plastic or galvanized iron) containing clean tap water, gradually add ABC TILE GROUT and mix thoroughly. Let it stand for 15 minutes. Stir to attain a creamy, pasty consistency. 2kg of tile grout will approximately need 0.75 liter of water.
CAUTION: Mixed ABC TILE GROUT remains usable in the pail up to 1 hour.
- Apply ABC TILE GROUT after installed tiles have set overnight. Dampen the tile joints but there should be no standing water on areas to be grouted.
- Spread the paste diagonally across the tile joints using a rubber-faced float. Apply enough pressure to fill the joints uniformly.
- After about 5 minutes when the residue begins to form a haze, remove excess grout with the use of a wet sponge with the same diagonal strokes.
- Wipe off any remaining residue with a clean, soft and dry cloth to reveal the tiles’ true color and texture.
- Protect the grouted areas and open to foot traffic only after 24 hours.
For extra grout protection apply ABC GROUT SEALER after the grout has cured for 24 hours to protect the grout joints from stains, dirt, grease and other contaminants, for easy maintenance and to keep your floors and walls looking their best.
Use ABC GROUT WATERPROOFING additive for special applications like swimming pools, bathrooms and kitchens and other areas where the installed tiles are permanently or frequently immersed in water. This will make grouts more durable, harder and highly stain resistant against contaminants for a maintenance free floors and walls.
For wide gap grouting applications (6mm-19mm) use ABC Sanded Grout, which is available in 5 colors.
DO’S AND DON’TS:
Use a clean plastic pail, a galvanized iron sheet, or any non-absorptive material as mixing base. Dampen the joints of tiles. Use clean water only. Don’t use saline water. Do not use newly prepared grout paste with an old mix to extend pot life. Do not use acid or other harsh chemicals to remove excess grout on tile surfaces.
Non-toxic. However, as with any cementitious material, avoid prolonged skin contact.
When stored in cool and dry place, ABC TILE GROUT will remain usable for 1 year from date of manufacture.
2 kg of ABC TILE GROUT can approx. cover 4 – 5 m2 depending on size and installation of tiles and 5 kg can cover approx. 10 – 12 m2.